1. Propose the economic and commercial policy that realize the economic development, increase production, raise standard of living and realize welfare to nationals.
2. Construct plans, programs and projects necessary to implement the above policies.
3. Propose projects for legislation and organizational regulations for the commercial and economic activity and supervise the legislations and regulations implementation.
4. Prepare legislations that organize the various training stages suitable to realize the economic and customs unity within the Emirates constituting the UAE in cooperation with the ministry of Finance and industry and the other concerned ministries.
5. Cooperate with concerned ministries in conducting economic and commercial agreements and follow up the activities of the economic organizations, construct international and regional exhibitions and all that can support the trade exchange with other countries.
6. Implement legislations for Israel boycott and taking necessary decisions on this concern.
7. Prepare the economic development researches and studies.
8. Study the needs of the country for development and improvement; propose the objectives and priorities based on the ongoing and future indications after approval of higher authorities.
9. Prepare drafts of the long, medium and short terms plans and propose the necessary policy for implementing them and follow up execution and report that to the competent parties.
10. Propose preparation of the annual budgets for development; follow up expenditure from it in cooperation with Ministry of Finance and other concerned ministries.
11. Carry out the central statistic work.
12. Prepare the necessary economical, social and financial studies for preparing the development plan in cooperation with the competent parties.
13. Present recommendations and the required methods to exploit the financial, material and human resources for executing the development plans and annual programs, and refer such recommendations to the competent authorities.
Any other competencies assigned to it in accordance to the laws and regulations and the resolutions of the cabinet issued in this respect.
About the Minister